Your Eyelash Perming Questions Answered
by Admin April 25 2022
Throughout history, women have sought to make their eyelashes appear lusher, usually by using eyelash curlers, thickeners, mascara, or false lashes. While these methods are effective at enhancing your eyes, they are temporary and labor-intensive.
Now there is a way to get the naturally full look that you want without grooming and curling your lashes by hand every single day. We’re talking about eyelash perming, and today we’re going to answer some of your questions so that you can enjoy all of the amazing benefits.
What Is Eyelash Perming?
An eyelash perm, or lash lift, is a semi-permanent solution to curling your lashes. It uses a chemical process similar to perming your hair to alter the shape of your lashes allowing you to roll out of bed each morning with perfect, natural-looking lashes ready to face your day.
How Does It Work?
Eyelash perming is a quick and easy process. You should arrive for your appointment with clean lashes. You will relax in the chair with your eyes closed while the technician coats your lashes with a gentle adhesive to affix them to the rods used to curl them. The perming solution, or lifting lotion, is then applied and allowed to do its job of breaking down the bonds inside the lashes. Then a neutralizing solution is applied which rebuilds and sets the bonds inside your lashes into their new shape. Finally, the products are gently washed off of your lashes and they are allowed to air dry.
Is It Safe?
Eyelash perm solutions are specially formulated to be gentle on the sensitive area around the eyes. While it is a safe procedure, some people can be sensitive to the chemicals in the solution which can lead to mild redness, inflammation, and rarely a rash. If you have sensitive skin you may want to have a spot test a day or two before your appointment to check for reactions. It isn’t safe to perm your lashes if you have an active eye infection or injury. You’ll need to wait until the eye is completely healed.
How Long Does It Last?
An eyelash perm can last from four weeks up to three months, depending on your personal lash growth pattern and natural lash texture. If your lashes grow very quickly it may not last as long for you as they will for someone whose lashes grow more slowly. Treatments can be repeated in four weeks if needed to keep your lashes carefree and looking great.
If you’re ready to have the lashes of your dreams it’s time for a visit to Avanté Salon & Spa. Give us a call at 610.429.1800 to book your eyelash perm, or use our online booking tool. You can also manage appointments instantly from your phone with our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play. We’ll see you soon at 668 Downingtown Pike, 122 S High Street in West Chester, or 298 Main Street in Exton.
- Cezanne Keratin Treatments Offer Beautifully Smooth Summer Styles
- 5 Best Men's Summer Styles for Gray Hair
- Get Ready for Summer Vacations With a Beachy Balayage
- Your Eyelash Perming Questions Answered
- 4 Things Every Potential Blonde Should Know
- Discover the Amazing Benefits of Myofascial Massage
- Bright Spring Hair Colors to Spice Up Your Style
- Easy Hacks to Keep Your Gel Manicure Looking Beautiful Longer
- The Importance of Winter Waxing
- Cezanne Smoothing Treatments Help Beat Winter Frizz
- Empower Yourself with Beauty, Skin Care, and Facials
- Trendsetting Hairstyles for 2022
- Avante Gift Cards Help You Finish Holiday Shopping Early
- Hot Hair Colors to Heat Up the Fall and Winter Holiday Season
- Paraffin Hand Treatments- Relief For Hard Working Hands
- Choosing Your Perfect Shade of Red
- Facials - An Important Part of Your Skincare Routine
- Expert Advice for Keeping Long Hair Healthy
- Get Ready for Fall With These Trendy Nail Colors
- Permanent Beachy Waves Make Styling a Breeze
- Alluring Brunette Hues to Complement Your Summer Tan
- Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Beachy Bridal Hairstyles for a Ceremony By the Sea
- Want Smooth Manageable Hair This Summer? Relax it!
- Back Treatments to Battle Warm Weather Breakouts
- Enhancements to Completely Makeover Your Lashes
- Get a Jump on Swimsuit Season With Salon Waxing
- Rejuvenate Your Skin With Microdermabrasion
- Treat Yourself to a Day of Relaxation for Spring
- Best Nail Designs of the Season
- Fresh Spring Styles for Your Son
- Spring 2021 Hair Color Forecast
- Stop Winter Static From Ruining Your Style
- Update Your Style With These Winter Hair Color Trends
- New Year's Resolutions for Gorgeous Hair in 2021
- Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping with Salon Gift Cards
- Why Pedicures Are Important In Cold Weather
- Healthy Hair From the Inside Out
- 5 Tips to Keep Maskne at Bay
- Keratin- Cure for Curly Hair Woes
- Transition Flawlessly to Fall with these Gorgeous Hair Colors
- Fun Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Fall
- Haircuts to Help Your Son End the Summer in Style
- Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Easy Summer Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Look Fabulous with These Easy Wet Hairstyles
- Low Maintenance Hair Colors for Summer
- Lash Extensions for Effortlessly Gorgeous Eyes
- Tips for Keeping Summer Humidity from Wrecking Your Style
- Nail Art for Kids- Adorable Designs for Little Fingers
- Reveal More Radiant Skin with a Peel
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy as the Seasons Change
- Add Length, Volume and Versatility with Hair Extensions
- De-Stress and Detoxify with a Botanical Mud Wrap
- Hair Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Color
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage for You and Baby
- Made You Look Makeup Lesson- Learn From the Pros
- Modern Perms Offer Soft Manageable Curls
- Avante Gift Cards Are Quick, Easy, and Great Gifts
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019