Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
by admin June 15 2019
Summer is almost officially here, can you believe it? Winter clothing has been packed up in favor for lighter clothes like shorts, tank tops, and summer dresses. Swimwear has also been pulled out for avid beach and swimming pool lovers. Now, with all that skin exposed to the world, you’ll want it to be smooth and free of any unwanted hair. But maybe you don’t know what the best option is? Here are some reasons to switch to waxing for smooth, silky skin this summer season.
No Nicks and Cuts
It’s very easy to accidentally cut your skin while shaving, just a quick flick and now you have to deal with the sharp stinging pain. It’s bound to happen and it sucks, you have to deal with a mess and now be mindful of the scab unless you want a repeat. Those cuts can even leave you with annoying scars. Waxing eliminates that problem all together, it’s a quick pull and a whole patch of hair is gone, leaving your skin silky smooth with no cuts!
Stubble returns quickly when you remove hair by shaving. If you have dark hair on a lighter complexion, it stands out easier. Shaving only cuts hair at the surface, leaving the roots intact and leaving them to regrow as usual. Waxing removes hair at the root and to regrow, it has to start from the follicle. You’ll have smoother results for about four to six weeks.
Hair appears thicker after shaving because of the angle it’s cut at. This angle makes it more visible as it regrows. That’s where the belief that hair grows back thicker when you shave comes from. With waxing, hair regrowth becomes finer, and after a while of regular waxing, some areas may no longer regrow hair at all.
Waxing also gives you an additional benefit you might not have thought of. Dead skin cells and pollutants are removed along with unwanted hair. This also stimulates your skin’s natural rejuvenation processes to help your skin look its best. The regeneration works to improve visible texture issues like fine lines and even scars.
Wanting to give waxing a try? Our team here at Avanté Salon & Spa will work to meet your individual to provide the best waxing service. Make an appointment at any of our three locations at 668 Downingtown Pike, 122 S High Street in West Chester or 298 Main Street in Exton. Stop by, call 610.429.1800, or book your appointment online. To manage appointments on your mobile device, download our free mobile app today on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019