Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
by admin March 31 2019
You’ve just walked out of the salon with a fabulous Avanté color. You feel great, look fantastic, and want to keep that color looking vibrant for as long as you can. Hair care between professional hair coloring is an important part of keeping it looking great. Today, we’ll give you a few tips that can help your color stay vibrant and gorgeous.
Talk to your stylist. Your stylist gave you the color and is the best expert on the products used as well as your individual hair type and texture. He or she can recommend the best products and techniques for keeping everything looking great until your next salon visit.
Wash infrequently. Shampooing can allow some pigment to escape from your hair strands with each wash. Ask your stylist how long you should wait before shampooing, then when you do resume shampooing, do it less often. Your hair only needs shampoo about two or three times each week, so washing every day is unnecessary. Between shampoos, use a dry shampoo to keep things fresh, or try co-shampooing, which is using conditioner instead of shampoo to wash your hair.
Condition. Conditioning is an important step for color-treated hair because it keeps it soft, healthy-looking, and can help repair damage. Well-conditioned hair also makes your color look vibrant and shimmering, so you’ll get the most from your color if your hair is conditioned. Use a color-safe conditioner formulated for your hair type – ask your stylist to recommend the best product.
Deep conditioning. Some hair needs extra care after coloring. If your hair seems dry and unmanageable even after conditioning, you may need deep conditioning treatments to restore your hair’s health. Ask your stylist about a deep conditioning treatment at the salon or to recommend home care products that will help.
Avoid heat. Heat damages hair, so now that you’ve got a gorgeous color, protect your hair from heat. Use heated styling tools only if necessary. If you must use heated styling tools for your favorite style, apply a heat protectant first. Turn down the heat when you’re in the shower – even the heat of hot water can damage hair. Use warm water instead.
Balance your diet. Eating a healthy diet shows on the outside, with soft, healthy skin, hair, and nails. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables with lean proteins and whole grains and avoid junk food as much as you can. A healthy inside helps your body build keratin, the protein your hair needs to stay strong and look great.
Get a trim. Removing split ends helps keep your hair looking great and prevents more damage. Get a trim before your coloring and visit the salon for regular trims to get fabulous looking hair.
Still need that professional hair color? Make an appointment today at Avanté Salon & Spa. Our professional stylists can give you the color you need at one of our three locations at 668 Downingtown Pike, 122 S High Street in West Chester or 298 Main Street in Exton. Stop by, call 610.429.1800, or book your appointment online. To manage appointments and much more from your mobile device, download our free mobile app on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019