Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
by admin March 15 2019
We all love a massage, especially when it’s part of a relaxing day at the spa, either alone or with friends. But massage is much more than a pampering treatment – it has a long list of benefits to your health, and regular massages can help you reap these rewards.
Pain relief. Massage relaxes and stimulates circulation to muscles, which delivers vital oxygen to the cells and helps reduce muscle spasms that can aggravate pain. Studies have shown that massage is particularly helpful for back pain.
Reduced migraines. Studies have also shown that massage can reduce the frequency of migraines. Massage can also help you sleep better, and poor sleep is often a migraine trigger.
Reduced anxiety and depression. Regular massages can reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, and studies have shown a link between massage and reduced depression.
Improved symptoms of arthritis. Studies have shown that regular massage can help reduce stiffness, pain, and other symptoms of osteoarthritis and can help improve function.
Reduced symptoms for cancer patients. For cancer patients undergoing treatment, the side effects can include nausea, pain, swelling, depression, and fatigue. Regular massage sessions while undergoing cancer treatment can help ease some of these symptoms. If you are receiving cancer treatments, please talk with your doctor before any activity, including massage therapy.
Lower blood pressure. For some people, regular massage can help reduce elevated blood pressure numbers, which in turn can help prevent some of the serious complications associated with high blood pressure.
Reduced stress. The calming effects of massage are well-known. Regular massage helps reduce stress in two ways: by setting aside time to unplug away from the daily grind, and by physically relaxing muscles through massage movements.
This is just a sampling of the many health benefits of regular massage therapy sessions, demonstrating the importance of adding a consistent schedule of massage to your wellness plan.
Ready for a great massage? Make an appointment today at Avanté Salon & Spa. Our professional massage therapists will assess your needs and select the right massage program for you. Massage therapy is available at our West Chester, PA location at 668 Downtown Pike, with special massage options for relaxation, balance, pain relief, and prenatal relaxation. Visit our salon and spa, call us at 610.429.1800, or book your appointment online. To book and manage appointments on your mobile device, download our free Avante mobile app on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Choosing Your Perfect Shade of Red
- Facials - An Important Part of Your Skincare Routine
- Expert Advice for Keeping Long Hair Healthy
- Get Ready for Fall With These Trendy Nail Colors
- Permanent Beachy Waves Make Styling a Breeze
- Alluring Brunette Hues to Complement Your Summer Tan
- Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Beachy Bridal Hairstyles for a Ceremony By the Sea
- Want Smooth Manageable Hair This Summer? Relax it!
- Back Treatments to Battle Warm Weather Breakouts
- Enhancements to Completely Makeover Your Lashes
- Get a Jump on Swimsuit Season With Salon Waxing
- Rejuvenate Your Skin With Microdermabrasion
- Treat Yourself to a Day of Relaxation for Spring
- Best Nail Designs of the Season
- Fresh Spring Styles for Your Son
- Spring 2021 Hair Color Forecast
- Stop Winter Static From Ruining Your Style
- Update Your Style With These Winter Hair Color Trends
- New Year's Resolutions for Gorgeous Hair in 2021
- Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping with Salon Gift Cards
- Why Pedicures Are Important In Cold Weather
- Healthy Hair From the Inside Out
- 5 Tips to Keep Maskne at Bay
- Keratin- Cure for Curly Hair Woes
- Transition Flawlessly to Fall with these Gorgeous Hair Colors
- Fun Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Fall
- Haircuts to Help Your Son End the Summer in Style
- Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Easy Summer Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Look Fabulous with These Easy Wet Hairstyles
- Low Maintenance Hair Colors for Summer
- Lash Extensions for Effortlessly Gorgeous Eyes
- Tips for Keeping Summer Humidity from Wrecking Your Style
- Nail Art for Kids- Adorable Designs for Little Fingers
- Reveal More Radiant Skin with a Peel
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy as the Seasons Change
- Add Length, Volume and Versatility with Hair Extensions
- De-Stress and Detoxify with a Botanical Mud Wrap
- Hair Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Color
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage for You and Baby
- Made You Look Makeup Lesson- Learn From the Pros
- Modern Perms Offer Soft Manageable Curls
- Avante Gift Cards Are Quick, Easy, and Great Gifts
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019