Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
by admin January 30 2019
It’s cold outside, and warm bikini weather seems so far away. Many of us hide our legs in the winter instead of keeping up our regular waxing appointments, or worse, we get out the razor for a quick “touch-up”. However, the chilly winter weather is no reason to give up waxing. In fact, there are several reasons to keep waxing during the winter. Here are a few facts from the pros that will show you the importance of keeping up your waxing routine year-round.
Progress lost. The most important reason to keep up your routine is that you’ll lose all the progress you’ve been making. Regular waxing makes hair regrowth finer, and a break in your routine gives hair time to grow back and follicles to become stronger. Worse yet, if you get out the razor, you’re keeping those follicles intact and cutting angles in the hairs that are growing, making them appear thicker.
Skin care. Waxing has some benefits that can help you overcome dry, flaky winter skin. Waxing exfoliates skin, removing dead skin cells and build up, helps stimulate the production of new, healthy cells, and stimulates blood circulation, which delivers vital oxygen to the skin cells at the surface. Stimulating the skin renewal process helps ensure that your skin is healthy and helps fight against damage.
Discomfort. While waxing by a professional is virtually pain-free, some people do experience some discomfort. Allowing your hair to grow thicker during the winter will increase the risk of discomfort when you go back for your treatments in the spring. Regular waxing keeps hair thin and easier to remove, eliminating the discomfort factor.
Confidence. When you keep up your waxing routine, you’ll know that your skin is always silky smooth and sexy, giving you confidence year-round that you always look your best.
First waxing. If you’ve never waxed before, winter is the ideal time to start. With your hair’s growth cycle, starting now means that your skin will be smooth and beautiful by spring. In fact, more frequent waxing during the winter will bring all your hair into the same growth pattern, making your waxing treatments last longer. If you’re waxing for the first time, ask your technician about the best frequency to get a jump start on your spring and summer waxing appointments.
Due for a waxing? Make an appointment today at Avanté Salon & Spa. Our professional technicians will help you choose the right waxing frequency for your needs. For full waxing services, connect with us at our Salon & Spa at 668 Downingtown Pike, or for facial waxing only, try our locations at 122 S High Street in West Chester or 298 Main Street in Exton. Call us at 610.429.1800 to make an appointment, book an appointment online, or instantly schedule and manage your own appointments on our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019