How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
by admin February 14 2019
We all love a good manicure and pedicure. They’re relaxing and fun, especially if we bring along friends for some good conversation while we’re pampered at the spa. While many of us only get them for special occasions, a regular schedule of professional manicures and pedicures is healthy for your nails and skin. Here’s why.
Massage. We all love the massage portion of our the mani/pedi, but its benefits are more than just relaxing. Massage stimulates blood circulation, which helps deliver more oxygen to your skin and muscles, improving cell function and stimulating the healthy rejuvenation processes.
Infection prevention. Fungal infections can be painful and unsightly, and many times it’s easy to miss signs of a developing infection. Your professional nail technician can spot these signs and has the tools to address them before the infection becomes a problem.
Exfoliation. The mani/pedi process also includes exfoliation, which is important for healthy skin. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and trapped dirt that can clog your pores, possibly causing breakouts and making your skin look dull. A regular schedule of exfoliation helps keep your skin clean and bright and encourages new growth for healthy skin and nails.
Fight the elements. In the winter, your hands are exposed to harsh elements, including cold winds, low humidity, and dry, heated indoor air. This can rob your skin of moisture and leave you with dry, cracked skin. Regular manicures keep your hands hydrated and include products that infuse antioxidants and other nutrients for healthy, soft skin.
Unplug. Finally, the power of relaxation is a crucial part of your health and well-being. Any time you can unplug from the day’s stress and relax can reduce the negative effects of stress on your body. Regular mani/pedi appointments deliver a regular schedule of unplugged “me” time that’s an important part of your wellness routine.
Due for a mani/pedi? Make an appointment today at Avanté Salon & Spa. Our professional nail technicians can help your hands and feet feel great and your nails look fabulous. Mani/pedi services are available at our West Chester, PA location at 668 Downtown Pike. Visit our salon and spa, call us at 610.429.1800, or book an appointment online at your convenience. To instantly schedule and manage your own appointments, download our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Tips for Keeping Summer Humidity from Wrecking Your Style
- Nail Art for Kids- Adorable Designs for Little Fingers
- Reveal More Radiant Skin with a Peel
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy as the Seasons Change
- Add Length, Volume and Versatility with Hair Extensions
- De-Stress and Detoxify with a Botanical Mud Wrap
- Hair Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Color
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage for You and Baby
- Made You Look Makeup Lesson- Learn From the Pros
- Modern Perms Offer Soft Manageable Curls
- Avante Gift Cards Are Quick, Easy, and Great Gifts
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019