Healthy Hair From the Inside Out
by admin November 15 2020
When it comes to beauty, gorgeous hair is right at the top of everyone’s wish list, and a fabulous hairstyle begins with a healthy head of hair. If you’ve tried all of your stylist’s recommendations to keep your hair healthy and it’s still not quite up to par, you may be missing a very important but often overlooked piece of the puzzle- nutrition. What you eat can have a significant effect on the health of your tresses, so let’s take a look at some foods that can help keep your hair healthy from the inside out.
Protein - Protein may be the most important nutrient for strong healthy hair. This is because your hair is made up almost entirely of protein. If you’re not taking in enough protein in your diet your body will not have enough to support healthy hair growth. Legumes, beans, eggs, meat, fish, and poultry are all excellent sources of healthy protein.
Omega-3s - Omega-3 fatty acids are nutrients that our bodies need that comes entirely from our diet. They’re important for your main because their antiinflammatory effects help prevent your hair from falling out. Rich dietary sources of omega-3s are salmon, avocados, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and flaxseed.
Spinach - Iron helps to strengthen hair and zinc promotes strong, healthy hair follicles. Spinach is packed with these and other nutrients like calcium and potassium that are vital for maintaining your lovely locks. So make sure you’re getting your daily serving of green leafy veggies.
Citrus - Your morning glass of OJ does more for your body than you may realize. In addition to supporting your immune system, vitamin C from citrus fruits also helps your body produce more collagen, one of the proteins that contribute to the health of your hair. Vitamin A in these fruits also stimulates the production of sebum which keeps your hair naturally moisturized.
Almonds - Vitamin E and manganese promote hair growth, and just one-quarter cup of almonds will provide you with nearly half of your daily recommended amount of these nutrients. They are also high in fat though, so stick with just a handful for your midmorning or afternoon snack.
Combining a nutritious diet with the expert hair care tips from your stylist is sure to result in a shiner, stronger, healthier mane. If your hair is in need of some special attention come see us at Avanté Salon & Spa. We have the knowledge and skills to help with all of your hair care needs.
Choose one of our three convenient locations at 668 Downingtown Pike, 122 S High Street in West Chester, and 298 Main Street in Exton. Call us at 610.429.1800 to book an appointment or book your appointment online. Download our free mobile app today on iTunes, and Google Play to manage appointments directly from your mobile device.
- Choosing Your Perfect Shade of Red
- Facials - An Important Part of Your Skincare Routine
- Expert Advice for Keeping Long Hair Healthy
- Get Ready for Fall With These Trendy Nail Colors
- Permanent Beachy Waves Make Styling a Breeze
- Alluring Brunette Hues to Complement Your Summer Tan
- Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Beachy Bridal Hairstyles for a Ceremony By the Sea
- Want Smooth Manageable Hair This Summer? Relax it!
- Back Treatments to Battle Warm Weather Breakouts
- Enhancements to Completely Makeover Your Lashes
- Get a Jump on Swimsuit Season With Salon Waxing
- Rejuvenate Your Skin With Microdermabrasion
- Treat Yourself to a Day of Relaxation for Spring
- Best Nail Designs of the Season
- Fresh Spring Styles for Your Son
- Spring 2021 Hair Color Forecast
- Stop Winter Static From Ruining Your Style
- Update Your Style With These Winter Hair Color Trends
- New Year's Resolutions for Gorgeous Hair in 2021
- Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping with Salon Gift Cards
- Why Pedicures Are Important In Cold Weather
- Healthy Hair From the Inside Out
- 5 Tips to Keep Maskne at Bay
- Keratin- Cure for Curly Hair Woes
- Transition Flawlessly to Fall with these Gorgeous Hair Colors
- Fun Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Fall
- Haircuts to Help Your Son End the Summer in Style
- Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Easy Summer Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Look Fabulous with These Easy Wet Hairstyles
- Low Maintenance Hair Colors for Summer
- Lash Extensions for Effortlessly Gorgeous Eyes
- Tips for Keeping Summer Humidity from Wrecking Your Style
- Nail Art for Kids- Adorable Designs for Little Fingers
- Reveal More Radiant Skin with a Peel
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy as the Seasons Change
- Add Length, Volume and Versatility with Hair Extensions
- De-Stress and Detoxify with a Botanical Mud Wrap
- Hair Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Color
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage for You and Baby
- Made You Look Makeup Lesson- Learn From the Pros
- Modern Perms Offer Soft Manageable Curls
- Avante Gift Cards Are Quick, Easy, and Great Gifts
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019