Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
by admin July 29 2019
Can you look at your hair right now and say that you’re happy with its condition? If not, you should think about creating a haircare schedule to restore the health of your hair. Now, that might be intimidating for some since it can be hard to know where to start, but it’ll be worth the effort in the end. Since creating a routine will be a bit of trial and error, here is some advice to get you started on the path to happy, healthy hair!
For starters, find out what type of hair you have. One type of hair care is not universal, although that would be nice. Someone with type 4 hair, on the dry side, might need heavy moisturizers, so their hair doesn’t dry out. While someone with type 1 hair, which is known to be oily, using heavy moisturizers would only make their hair even oilier.
Take a look at your hair and assess the damage. Look at things like split ends, strength, and moisture levels. You want to know what you're making a plan for. Is it already pretty healthy? Then you’ll want to maintain it. Is there a specific kind of damage? You might need a particular kind of product. Your hair’s condition will let you know if you need to toss out bad hair care practices.
Figure out how often your hair needs washing. It’s bad for your hairs’ health to wash it every day, especially with harsh products. While shampoo cleanses your hair, it also strips out natural oils and ends up leaving your hair dry, do it too often, and you’ll cause damage. Be sure to follow up the shampoo with moisturizing conditioners. You don’t need to use shampoo to cleanse your hair every wash. Most of the time you can just use conditioner because more often than not it contains ingredients that cleanse your scalp.
Deep condition regularly. While deep conditioning is helpful for those wanting longer hair, it has other benefits. Some conditioners are made to make hair more manageable, and others are made to nourish hair with vitamins. It’s recommended that you deep condition once a week but that might not be the case for everyone so be sure to ask your Avanté stylist.
Stick to your regimen. Don’t quit after a week and complain you're not seeing any improvement. It takes time for products to show visible results. Don’t just throw in a new product every other week. You won’t be able to tell what is making improvements and what is making things worse.
Re-examine your hairs health. Every few months take a good look at your hair and note the changes. Look for what has improved and decide if you can stop using certain products if they served their purpose. If new problems have popped up, you’ll want to ditch what caused them. It would be a good idea to document the changes, be it on paper or in your phone as pictures and even video.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your stylist about creating a hair care schedule customized to your needs! Our stylist at Avanté Salon & Spa would love to talk with about the steps you should take to truly get healthy hair you can be proud of. Make an appointment at any of the following three locations at 668 Downingtown Pike, 122 S High Street in West Chester or 298 Main Street in Exton. Stop by, call 610.429.1800, or book your appointment online. To manage appointments on your mobile device, download our free mobile app today on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Choosing Your Perfect Shade of Red
- Facials - An Important Part of Your Skincare Routine
- Expert Advice for Keeping Long Hair Healthy
- Get Ready for Fall With These Trendy Nail Colors
- Permanent Beachy Waves Make Styling a Breeze
- Alluring Brunette Hues to Complement Your Summer Tan
- Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Beachy Bridal Hairstyles for a Ceremony By the Sea
- Want Smooth Manageable Hair This Summer? Relax it!
- Back Treatments to Battle Warm Weather Breakouts
- Enhancements to Completely Makeover Your Lashes
- Get a Jump on Swimsuit Season With Salon Waxing
- Rejuvenate Your Skin With Microdermabrasion
- Treat Yourself to a Day of Relaxation for Spring
- Best Nail Designs of the Season
- Fresh Spring Styles for Your Son
- Spring 2021 Hair Color Forecast
- Stop Winter Static From Ruining Your Style
- Update Your Style With These Winter Hair Color Trends
- New Year's Resolutions for Gorgeous Hair in 2021
- Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping with Salon Gift Cards
- Why Pedicures Are Important In Cold Weather
- Healthy Hair From the Inside Out
- 5 Tips to Keep Maskne at Bay
- Keratin- Cure for Curly Hair Woes
- Transition Flawlessly to Fall with these Gorgeous Hair Colors
- Fun Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Fall
- Haircuts to Help Your Son End the Summer in Style
- Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Easy Summer Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Look Fabulous with These Easy Wet Hairstyles
- Low Maintenance Hair Colors for Summer
- Lash Extensions for Effortlessly Gorgeous Eyes
- Tips for Keeping Summer Humidity from Wrecking Your Style
- Nail Art for Kids- Adorable Designs for Little Fingers
- Reveal More Radiant Skin with a Peel
- Keeping Your Hair Healthy as the Seasons Change
- Add Length, Volume and Versatility with Hair Extensions
- De-Stress and Detoxify with a Botanical Mud Wrap
- Hair Care Tips to Extend the Life of Your Color
- Benefits of Prenatal Massage for You and Baby
- Made You Look Makeup Lesson- Learn From the Pros
- Modern Perms Offer Soft Manageable Curls
- Avante Gift Cards Are Quick, Easy, and Great Gifts
- Benefits of Cezanne Smoothing Treatment for Smooth Winter Hair
- Guys - Keep Up Your Grooming At Our Men's Loft
- Manicures for Smooth Hands and Healthy Nails
- Fall Inspired Hair Colors
- Tricks & Tips for Safe & Ghoulish Halloween Makeup
- Enjoy Longer Lashes & Fuller Brows with our Tinting Services
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Appointments and More!
- What You Gain From Routine Spa Facials
- Conditioning: A Key Part Of Hair Care
- Create A Hair Care Schedule That Works
- Try Out Our Avante Body Treatments
- Give the Gift of Beauty with Avante Gift Cards
- Why You Should Choose Waxing Over Shaving
- Pamper Yourself with a Spa Package from Avanté
- Put an End to the Frizz with Professional Smoothing Treatments
- Experience the Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Cute, Trendy Hairstyle Ideas for Teens
- Seven Tips for Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Massage: More Than a Relaxing Day at the Spa
- Connect with Avanté Salons on our Free Mobile App
- How Professional Nail Care Keeps Your Skin and Nails Healthy
- Keep Up Your Waxing Routine in the Winter
- Hair Conditioner: An Important Step for Soft, Manageable Hair
- Advance Planning for Your Spring 2019 Wedding
- Fun Hair Color Trends for 2019